A number of new plants were introduced in publish 55, September 2008, with Flax added in publish 56 and Vanilla added in publish 76
The Cocoa Tree
- The Cocoa Tree can be grown from Fragrant seeds, which are carried by all the monsters that drop any of the Peculiar Seeds
- It cannot be cross-pollinated.
- It gives up to 8 Cocoa Pulp, which is used in chocolatiering and making hot cocoa
- It also can produce up to 8 Cocoa Tree Seeds
New Decorative Plants
There are 17 new decorative plants available.
- These plants cannot be cross-pollinated and will not produce seeds.
- The new plants grow from Peculiar Seeds, which drop from a variety of monsters.
- The new seeds are divided into 4 groups. The monsters which carry them are also divided into 4 groups, each group consisting of 3 monsters. (see below)
- Peculiar seeds are indistinguishable from each other, only if identified with poppy dust, in a seedbox or when the plant matures can it be seen which plant has been obtained.
- Resources are obtainable from:
- Peculiar Poppies – produce poppy dust which can be used to identify peculiar seeds.
- Flax – produce flax bundles, can be spun to create spools of thread
- Cypress Trees – both types, produce bark fragments, can be used by cooks to create woodpulp
- Sugar Cane – produce sacks of sugar
- Vanilla – produces Vanilla for use in Chocolatiering
Wild Tigers in Eodon were discovered to also carry fragrant and peculiar seeds, however they do not totally conform to the groupings listed. Their peculiar seeds have grown into cattails, peculiar poppies, water lilies and cactus plants.
*Can be turned into a topiary goblin or llama
** Produce resources, but not seeds – bark fragments (both cypress trees), poppy dust (poppies).
*** Produces both resources and seeds.