World Wide Release: 11/19/2014
The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.
• Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.
• Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.
• Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:
o Grizzly Bear
o Gray Wolf
• Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.
• The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.
• Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.
• Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.
• If a submission has the greatest wormeasurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.
• If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.
• If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.
• Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.
• The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.
• Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,
o A Harvester’s Blade
o A Horn of Plenty
o A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion
o A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
Leaderboards have been added to VvV.
New Horn of Plenty Items
A new house plant has been added to the Cornucopia.
• The house plant must be locked down to grow.
• The house plant will grow each day on server up.
• Once the house plant has reached its full growth state, it will produce fruit.
• Fruit can be harvested from the house plant by double clicking on it.
• House plants are maintenance free.
2014 Holiday Items
Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
• New green, blue, or gold fireplace.
o Fireplaces can be ignited and doused by double clicking on the center piece.
• A grinder that can be used to grind various plant products.
• A steam powered beverage maker that can be used in conjunction with the cooking system to create new items listed in the “Beverage” section of the cooking menu.
• A Power Scroll Book
o The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.
o The book be must locked down in a house in order to add scrolls.
o Stat power scrolls cannot be added to the book.
The following items have been added as new vet rewards,
• 1 Year
o Flesh Renderer Statuette
• 2 Year
o Crystal Elemental Statuette
• 3 Year
o Dark Father Statuette
• 4 Year
o Platinum Dragon Statuette
• 7 Year
o Sewing Machine & Smithing Press
• The Sewing Machine & Smithing Press are house-addons that can be used in conjunction with the tailoring and blacksmithy skill, respectively.
• The machines will hold 5000 charges of their respective tools.
• Add charges to the Sewing Machine by dropping sewing kits on the stool.
• Add charges to the Blacksmith Press by dropping smith’s hammers, sledge hammers, or tongs on the crates.
• Runic, Ancient, or specialty crafting tools cannot be added to the power tools.
• Security can be set on the power tool to limit who can use and deposit tools into the attached stool or crates.
• 15 Year
o Ethereal Hell Hound Mount
Bug Fixes & Misc Changes
• The crystal portal will now teleport players to the Trinsic Royal Bank instead of the Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch.
• Magic items generated from treasure chests have had their base budgets increased based on the difficulty of the treasure chest.
• The following items are now stackable: Grass & Snow Tiles, Dread Horn.
• Trade Crates will now accept 1000 stones.
• Paladins have returned to the City of Trinsic
• Lifestealers now have the correct karma.
• Delivering trade orders will no longer increase karma if it is locked.
• Treasures of Doom has been reactivated and extended until server up on 12/6/2014.
• During Governor elections “Governor, “ will be prepended to the name of the incumbent on the various voting gumps.
• Minor pigments can now be combined up to 50 charges.
• The Grinder can now work when locked down in a house
• Fireplaces now function as a fire source for cooking.
• Hunting Permits can no longer be used on living animals.
• Unused tiles inadvertently created by hunting permits will be deleted on server up.
• VvV Score Points have been reduced by a factor of 100 to accommodate their values in the Leaderboard gump.
• VvV Score points will be awarded on a 1:1 basis for guilds that win or tie the max points in a VvV battle.
• VvV Score points will be awarded on a 0.5:1 basis for guilds that do not win or tie the max points in a VvV battle.