AoS Modifications for Siege
UO Team 16 May 2003 00:00:00 EST
Ultima Online has two shards which utilize the alternative “Siege” ruleset, named Siege Perilous and Mugen. These two shards will be receiving the Age of Shadows code & features, but with a few adjustments.
Both Siege-style shards will be gaining all of the features and systems that are a part of the Age of Shadows expansion, with the following differences:
- Malas: Both Siege Perilous and Mugen will be getting the Malas facet, although this facet will be utilizing the same “PvP+” ruleset as the Felucca facet.
- Housing & Pricing: When Siege Perilous and Mugen receive the AoS code, any existing house deed that is in a Siege Perilous or Mugen character’s backpack or bankbox will convert into a new house placement tool. Each house deed will “remember” how much was originally paid for it, and the player will be refunded an amount of gold based upon the original purchase price of the deed (and not the current value). However, some very old deeds may be older than the implementation of this “original price memory” feature, and will likely have its price accessed on the current, pre-AoS Siege pricing.
House Placement Tool: Purchasing of the house placement tool will fall within Siege Perilous/Mugen’s normal “3x the prices of non-Siege shards” concept.
Classic Houses: Classic houses will cost 5x the prices on non-Siege shards to place.
Customizable Houses: Customizable houses will cost 1x the prices on non-Siege shards to place, and 1x normal pricing to customize.
- The Trammel Facet: The Siege Perilous shard will continue to be without a Trammel facet. The Mugen currently has a Trammel facet (which uses Felucca’s PvP+ rules), and this will not change.
- Item Insurance: Siege Perilous and Mugen will not be getting the Item Insurance feature, in any form.
- Sacred Journey: The Paladin ability called “Sacred Journey” will not be available on Siege Perilous or Mugen.
- Early Settler items: The Early Settler promotional items—the miniature collectible house and the personal bless deed—will be available on Siege Perilous and Mugen for the first 18 days after AoS goes live on those shards. Early Settler gifts can therefore be collected any time in the first 18 days in which each respective shard goes live with the AoS code.
- Hooded Shroud of Shadows: The Hooded Shrouds redemption period ends on May 31st. This includes Siege Perilous, but our Japanese shards will not be receiving the Shroud and so it does not include Mugen.