The Account Center will be receiving an update next Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 that makes some changes to the center’s authentication flow.
These changes are being made to improve general account security and user privacy by more directly using EA’s robust account authentication system. In addition to improving the Account Center’s security and users’ privacy, this update also enables us to provide additional future updates and much-requested features to the Account Center such as game account un-linking, account-based character and server lists, and more!
Once the update is live, the following changes will take effect:
- When logging into the Account Center, users will be redirected to EA’s website briefly and asked to login there.
- Once successful, users will automatically be redirected back to the Account Center.
- All account creation or account-linking services will now occur after a user logs into an existing EA account or a new user creates an EA account.
- This means users attempting to create a new account must first sign into an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Create a Trial” flow as normal.
- This also means users who wish to link or recover an un-linked account to EA must first login to an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Link Accounts” flow as normal.
- During the “Link Accounts” flow there is a new “forgot my password” link that will allow users to reset the game accounts’ old *Account Center* password (note: this is different than the EA account and game passwords!) in the event it was forgotten.
- Once signed into an EA account all services and systems included but not limited to managing subscriptions, viewing linked game accounts, and resetting game account passwords remain unchanged.
- Account Center UO guide will be updated to reflect these changes as soon as possible!
Bonnie “Mesanna” Armstrong