The next step in House Ownership is to turn your house into a home, or an inn, or whatever else your imagination dreams up.
- A hatchet , or axe is essential to remove add-ons or trash barrels with. Hitting an add-on with an axe or hatchet returns it to a deed in your backpack. The most common reason to re-deed an add-on is because you put it in the wrong place.
- A short trip to the architect in a town carpentry shop will get you a Interior Decorator tool for fractionally over 10.000 gold, you may have noticed it on the menu when you bought your house placement tool. with it you can raise, lower and turn locked-down items. Simply double click the tool to open its menu.
- Everything you place in your home must be secured in some way or it will decay and disappear:
- Deeded items are automatically locked down when you place them with the targeting cursor
- Simple decor items should be secured using the phrase ‘I wish to lock this down’
- Containers should be secured by using the phrase ‘I wish to secure this’, you will be prompted to select a security setting determining who may access the container’s contents.
- You can not lock down blocking objects near stairs or doors
- You cannot raise items more than 15 ‘clicks’ above the level on which you are standing or lower them below the floor when using the decorator tool
- When placing house add-ons most will expand out from the tile you target, east facing items spreading south from the tile and south facing ones expanding east. However there are some exceptions to that rule. The ‘fancy couch (east)’ for example expands north from the tile you target.
When you experience placing house add-ons yourself you will begin to see why the first essential tool listed here is a hatchet.
Use the vendor search to locate furniture unless you have a carpenter to craft your own, or appeal in general chat for a player willing to craft for you. Small boxes and bags can be bought from provisioners