Created as a deed by a Blacksmith, dragon barding serves two purposes.
- In pvm combat barding gives a reduction in damage to the dragon’s rider – 10% for normal quality, 20% for exceptional quality (this does not apply to pvp combat)
- The barding will add to the mount’s natural resists in the same way as armor does for a character, giving bonuses as if it were 5 pieces of plate armor. Normal material bonuses for resists apply, however gold does not give ‘luck’.
Crafted barding has durability which shows as pictured below and will eventually break. Using armslore on the barding will also give a message as to its current condition. Characters with low, or no, armslore skill may take several attempts to succeed. When the armor is removed, resists go back to what they would be without armor.
To calculate the bonuses for a piece of swamp dragon armor:
- Take the base 5/3/2/3/2 bonus for plate armor
- Add 1/1/1/1/1 if the barding is exceptional
- Add in the material bonuses for the chosen metal
- Take the result, and multiply each resist by 5.
|Swamp Dragon Barding Resists by Metal Type|
|Metal Type||Normal Barding||Exceptional Barding|
Swampy ‘Pink Battle Bus’ naked: 18.104.22.168.37
Armored in exceptional iron barding: 22.214.171.124.52.
Pre-testing armor showed durability 2320 and gave the armslore result ‘The dragon’s barding is badly damaged and will need to be replaced soon’.
New armor showed a durability 12000.
Durability at new for normal quality barding is 10000, exceptional quality 12000 for metal types: iron, copper, bronze, gold, agapite, verite.
Durability at new for normal quality barding is 12500, exceptional quality 14500 for metal types: dull copper, valorite.
Durability at new for normal quality barding is 15000, exceptional quality 17000 for metal type: shadow iron.