Masteries are special abilities available only to those who have trained their skills carefully, modified skill points from items are not counted.
Mastery spells have three intensity tiers and are contained in the masteries spell book. The book can be obtained by bards through the older ‘spellsong quests’ or by undertaking the quest ‘A time for Legends‘ from Hawkwind the Timelord. Hawkwind’s quest also gives a tier one primer in a chosen skill.
For each mastery tier in each skill a mastery primer must be ‘read’, these primers are obtained from all champion spawns, Scalis and Charybdis.
Most skills have two active and one passive mastery, the passive mastery sometimes being shared across several related skill types. Parry is the exception to this, having three active masteries.
All Mastery abilities that trigger on hitting targets cannot be combined with special moves.
To switch skill or toggle off the mastery, access the context menu on the mastery book. Available masteries are listed, there is a 10 minute cooldown between switching masteries.
Each skill has a mastery title which can be selected from the skills section of the title menu.
All weapon skills share the passive mastery, in addition each skill has two masteries relating only to that skill
- Warrior’s Gifts (Passive)
- While the archery, fencing, mace fighting, swordsmanship, or throwing masteries are active the combatant receives a gift of:
- +5 Hit Chance Increase with a level 1 mastery
- +5 Hit Chance Increase and +5 Defense Chance Increase with level 2
- +5 Hit Chance Increase, +5 Defense Chance Increase, +5 Strength Bonus, and +5% Damage Bonus with level 3
Title: The Exact
- Flaming Shot
- The archer fires a volley of flaming arrows at a target or location. On successful hit fire damage based on mastery level is done to a number of targets in a radius based on the archery and tactics skill.
- Playing the Odds
- The archer’s party members rally for them with increased swing speed and hit chance as the archer’s range is decreased, has a chance to apply a lower defense debuff to targets within 5 tiles of casting. Party member buffs are based on the archery and tactics skill of the archer along with the mastery level.
Title: The Needle
- Toggle ability that provides increased physical attack damage and decreases targets physical attack damage based on mastery level to the fencer that consumes mana while active. This ability does not stack with the special move Feint. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.
- The fencer executes a piercing move on their opponent causing a stamina debuff and stamina drain on the victim based on the fencer’s fencing and tactics Skill, and mastery level
Title: The Crushing
- The mace fighter executes a staggering move on their opponent causing a swing speed increase debuff and massive damage to the victim based on mastery level.
- Toggle ability that provides the mace fighter with increased hit points based on the mace fighter’s tactics and mace fighting skill, and mastery level that consumes mana while active
Title: The Blade
- The swordsman executes an onslaught of attacks on their opponent reducing one of their victim’s resists based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level
- Focused Eye
- Toggle ability that provides the swordsman with a hit chance increase buff based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and mastery level that consumes mana while active
Title: The Precise
- Elemental Fury
- When activated the thrower will generate a pool of fury based on their weapons damage type. Each successful attack the thrower deals will add fury to the pool. Once the pool is full the thrower will unleash the Elemental Fury. The duration and fury pool size are based on the thrower’s mastery level, throwing, and tactics skill. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.
- Called Shot
- The thrower executes a called shot that provides a Hit Chance Increase and Damage increase based on the thrower’s throwing and tactics skill, and mastery level. Damage is capped in pvp at 100 pre-resist damage.
Title: The Deflector
- Shield Bash
- When activated the shield user will execute a shield bash on successfully hitting or parrying their opponent causing physical damage and paralyzing their opponent, interrupts spells if players are not immune to paralyze, based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.
- Body Guard
- The shield user chooses a protectee to absorb a percentage of damage done to the protectee based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level.
- Heightened Senses
- Toggle ability that provides the Parrying Master with increased chance to parry based on parry skill, best weapon skill and mastery level that consumes mana while active.
All three warrior specialities share the passive mastery, in addition each skill has two masteries relating only to that skill
- Intuition (Passive)
- While the bushido, chivalry or ninjitsu masteries are active mana is increased based on mastery level.
Title: The Disciplined
- Anticipate Hits
- While the bushido mastery is active the samurai has a chance to reduce hit point regeneration instead of completely losing it when using confidence as well as increasing the amount of health and stamina returned when successfully parrying an attack.
- War Cry
- The samurai unleashes a warcry that will reduce incoming damage from targets within a radius based on the samurai’s bushido skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level.
Title: The Courageous
- The paladin restores the hit points, stamina, and mana of a target based on mastery level, and with sufficient karma can remove poison and curses. The paladin may rejuvenate a target more often based on higher mastery level, higher best weapon skill and higher chivalry skill.
- Holy Fist
- The paladin unleashes a flying fist against a target that has a chance to slow its target that can be resisted and does energy damage based on the paladin’s chivalry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level. A bonus to damage is provided by high karma as well against undead targets. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.
Title: The Unseen
- Makes the ninja more difficult to become unhidden from taking damage and being revealed based on ninjitsu skill, stealth skill, and mastery level. Upkeep costs 10 mana and duration is determined by ninjitsu and stealth skill.
- White Tiger Form
- the ninja transforms into a white tiger, providing the ninja with a buff to defense chance increase, a chance to evade attacks based on mastery level, and an applied bleed attack on targets based on ninjitsu skill and best weapon skill.
Title: The Champion
- Knockout (passive)
- While the wrestling mastery is active the wrestler receives a damage bonus to each hit based on mastery level
- The wrestler attempts to continually hit their opponent where with each successful hit the wrestler receives a bonus to hit point regeneration, stamina regeneration, casting focus, and swing speed increase based on wrestling skill, evaluating intelligence or anatomy skill and mastery level. The effect is lost if the wrestler misses, the wrestler’s opponent parries the attack, or fails to cast a spell.
- Fists of Fury
- The wrestler attempts to land three hits in rapid succession to the next target that damages you within a 2 tile radius. If successful the third hit will deal direct damage based on the wrestler’s mastery level. The duration of this ability is based on wrestling skill and anatomy skill or evaluating intelligence skill.
The four spellcasting skills share the passive mastery, in addition each skill has two masteries relating only to that skill
- Enchanted Summoning (Passive)
- While the magery, necromancy, spellweaving, or mysticism masteries are active the magic user receives a buff to summoned creatures based on skill and mastery level.
Title: The Marvellous
- Death Ray
- The mage focuses a death ray on their opponent which snares the mage to their location and does damage based on magery skill, evaluating intelligence skill, and mastery level as long as the mage has mana and the target is in range.
- Ethereal Blast
- The mage restores a large amount of mana based on mastery level and can recast the ability more often based on magery skill, evaluating intelligence skill, and mastery level.
Title: The Enigmatic
- Nether Blast
- The mystic releases a wave of nether energy that pulses on attacked targets based on mastery level and does chaos damage based on mysticism skill, and focus or imbuing skill. Can apply a mana rip debuff to targets that are hit which will cause the target to lose extra mana and restores that mana to the Nether Blast caster.
- Mystic Weapon
- The mystic converts mysticism skill into an equipped weapon’s required skill for a penalty to mysticism skill based on mastery level.
Title: The Undying
- Command Undead
- The necromancer has a chance to command the undead to do their bidding based on necromancy skill, spirit speak skill, mastery level, and creature barding difficulty while providing life leech to the target. Requires 2 follower slots.
- The necromancer creates a conduit field at a targeted location that causes all targeted necromancy spells to effect all valid targets within the field at reduced spell strength based on necromancy skill, spirit speak skill, and mastery level.
Title: The Mysterious
Spellweaving Masters will receive one bonus Arcane Focus per Spellweaving Mastery level. Arcane Focus still caps at 6 strength bonus. Spellweaving Masters are able to cast Arcane Circle alone but will not receive circle bonuses.
- Mana Shield
- Toggle ability that results in a shield on the spellweaver that has a chance to deduct incoming damage from the spellweaver’s mana pool based on spellweaving skill, arcane focus, and mastery level.
- Summon Reaper
- TThe spellweaver summons a stationary reaper for a duration based on spellweaving skill, and meditation skill. The strength of the summoned reaper is determined by the spellweaving skill, arcane focus, and mastery level.
Title: The Beastmaster
- Boarding (passive)
- While the animal taming mastery is active the animal tamer receives additional stables slots.
- The animal tamer attempts to guide their pet on the path of skill gain, increasing the pet’s skill gains based on the tamer’s animal taming skill, animal lore skill, and mastery level. This ability functions similarly to a scroll of alacrity. Unhides the caster
- Combat Training
- The animal tamer readies their pet for battle allowing the tamer to add combat abilities to their pet based on animal taming skill, animal lore skill, and mastery level (unhides the caster).
- Tier 1 – Empowerment
- When hit with physical damage the pet enters an empowerment phase where it begins to charge up its damage increase and spell damage increase for 5 seconds. . During this consume period any physical damage will be stored by the pet. After the empowerment period is over the pet enters the unleash phase for 10 seconds where it will apply the damage increase and spell damage increase bonuses based on stored damage.
- Tier 2 – Berserk
- As your pet takes damage it gains rage which increase its physical damage and reduces all incoming damage for 8 seconds. While in rage your pet can not stealth and all healing effects are reduced. After the rage period there is a 60 second cooldown before your pet will gain rage again.
- Tier 3 – Consume Damage
- When hit with physical damage the pet enters a consume phase where it begins to build up its hit chance and regeneration for 5 seconds. During this consume period any physical damage will be stored by the pet. After the consume period is over the pet enters the unleash phase for 10 seconds where it will apply the hit chance and regeneration bonuses based on stored damage.
- Tier 1 – Empowerment
Title: The Lethal
- Potency (passive)
- While the poisoning mastery is active, the poisoner has a chance to not consume poison charges when using infected strike based on poisoning skill, anatomy skill, and mastery level.
- Toggle ability that grants the poisoner a reduction to poison level when poisoned at a stamina cost based on mastery level.
- Injected Strike
- When activated the poisoner will apply a poison resistance debuff to their target for a duration based on poisoning skill, anatomy skill, and mastery level. Any poisons applied to the poisoner’s weapon will also be applied to the target. Poison may be applied to any weapon using this ability, however the poison applied to non-infecting weapons may only be applied by use of this ability, debuff will be reduced on ranged weapons.Injected Strike is cancelled by all special abilities (Death Strike, Counter Attack…)