Publish – September 22, 1999
The following was released as the September 22nd Publish on September 22, 1999.
- Armor and weapons can be smelted back into ingots.
- Items you wish to smelt must be in your back-pack.
- Smelting will be tied to the mining skill. The higher your skill in mining, the more ingots you will get back.
- The more wear and tear on an item, the less ingots it will return.
- Items purchased from an NPC will yield only one ingot when smelted.
- Smelted magic items will yield regular ingots.
- Smelting special metals will yield ingots of that color, with the exception of dyeable kite shields.
- Smelting dyeable kite shields will return regular ingots regardless of the color of the ingots used to make the shield.
- To smelt an item:
- Double-click a smithing tool, such as a hammer.
- The smithing window will open and contain a forge.
- Double-clicking the forge will bring up a targeting cursor.
- Clicking armor or a weapon that is in your backpack will smelt that item.
- You will receive a number of ingots depending on the item itself, its wear and tear, and your mining skill.
- Clothing and leather armor can be cut back into cloth and leather respectively.
- Use scissors on clothing or leather armor to get the cloth or leather.
- The amount of cloth or leather yielded is tied to the tailoring skill. The higher your skill in tailoring, the more cloth/leather you will get.
- Items you wish to unravel must be in your backpack.
- “Newbie” items and death robes cannot be unraveled.
- Pets will only guard the following:
- The owner
- The corpse of the owner
- Items in the house of the owner
- Other pets of the owner
- An issue with transferring pets in town has been resolved.
- The “drop” command has been reactivated.
- After changing the guild type from Chaos, Order or Neutral, guilds must wait seven days for the declaration to take affect. If you change the declaration during those 7 days, the counter will reset.
- Items placed in an armoire will no longer disappear.
On September 23, 1999, the following was published:
- Female leather and female studded leather armor can be unraveled. Note that footwear (shoes, boots, etc.) cannot be unraveled.
- Lord British’s and Lord Blackthorn’s guards will again respond to players. Players will be able to receive Chaos and Order shields again.
- Chaos and Order Shields cannot be smelted.
- Smelting a piece of armor purchased from an NPC with a hue different than the mineable ore (bronze, shadow, etc.) will return regular ingots.
- Stablemasters are now [invulnerable].
- Using a meteor swarm scroll will now always consume the scroll.
- In celebration of the 300th year of the defeat of Mondain, players will receive gifts in their backpacks from Lord British when they log in. Details concerning these gifts can be found in Anniversary Gifts.
On September 29, 1999, the following was published:
- Some players have been experiencing problems with raising stats and skills. After reviewing players’ comments and our own internal information, we have identified the cause. Once the shards come back from their next daily maintenance they will be updated with a resolution to this issue.