Starting this afternoon, the Japanese shards will get Publish 88 during their normal maintenance cycle. Please remember that this causes problems with character transfers until we have all the shards on the same server version.
On behalf of myself, and the UO Team, we would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. The office will be closed (except for GM coverage) on November 27th and 28th.
Click ‘More’ to see Publish 88.2 details
The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.
• Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.
• Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.
• Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:
o Grizzly Bear
o Gray Wolf
• Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.
• The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.
• Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.
• Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.
• If a submission has the greatest wormeasurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.
• If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.
• If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.
• Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.
• The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.
• Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,
o A Harvester’s Blade
o A Horn of Plenty
o A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion
o A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
Leaderboards have been added to VvV.
New Horn of Plenty Items
A new house plant has been added to the Cornucopia.
• The house plant must be locked down to grow.
• The house plant will grow each day on server up.
• Once the house plant has reached its full growth state, it will produce fruit.
• Fruit can be harvested from the house plant by double clicking on it.
• House plants are maintenance free.
2014 Holiday Items
Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
• New green, blue, or gold fireplace.
o Fireplaces can be ignited and doused by double clicking on the center piece.
• A grinder that can be used to grind various plant products.
• A steam powered beverage maker that can be used in conjunction with the cooking system to create new items listed in the “Beverage” section of the cooking menu.
• A Power Scroll Book
o The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.
o The book be must locked down in a house in order to add scrolls.
o Stat power scrolls cannot be added to the book.
The following items have been added as new vet rewards,
• 1 Year
o Flesh Renderer Statuette
• 2 Year
o Crystal Elemental Statuette
• 3 Year
o Dark Father Statuette
• 4 Year
o Platinum Dragon Statuette
• 7 Year
o Sewing Machine & Smithing Press
• The Sewing Machine & Smithing Press are house-addons that can be used in conjunction with the tailoring and blacksmithy skill, respectively.
• The machines will hold 5000 charges of their respective tools.
• Add charges to the Sewing Machine by dropping sewing kits on the stool.
• Add charges to the Blacksmith Press by dropping smith’s hammers, sledge hammers, or tongs on the crates.
• Runic, Ancient, or specialty crafting tools cannot be added to the power tools.
• Security can be set on the power tool to limit who can use and deposit tools into the attached stool or crates.
• 15 Year
o Ethereal Hell Hound Mount
Bug Fixes & Misc Changes
• The crystal portal will now teleport players to the Trinsic Royal Bank instead of the Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch.
• Magic items generated from treasure chests have had their base budgets increased based on the difficulty of the treasure chest.
• The following items are now stackable: Grass & Snow Tiles, Dread Horn.
• Trade Crates will now accept 1000 stones.
• Paladins have returned to the City of Trinsic
• Lifestealers now have the correct karma.
• Delivering trade orders will no longer increase karma if it is locked.
• Treasures of Doom has been reactivated and extended until server up on 12/6/2014.
• During Governor elections “Governor, “ will be prepended to the name of the incumbent on the various voting gumps.
• Minor pigments can now be combined up to 50 charges.
• The Grinder can now work when locked down in a house
• Fireplaces now function as a fire source for cooking.
• Hunting Permits can no longer be used on living animals.
• Unused tiles inadvertently created by hunting permits will be deleted on server up.
• VvV Score Points have been reduced by a factor of 100 to accommodate their values in the Leaderboard gump.
• VvV Score points will be awarded on a 1:1 basis for guilds that win or tie the max points in a VvV battle.
• VvV Score points will be awarded on a 0.5:1 basis for guilds that do not win or tie the max points in a VvV battle.