On July 16 1999 Siege Perilous was opened. This shard is meant for the veteran player who is familiar with game systems and understands how to build a character. Siege Perilous uses the same rules as all the other shards, with the following significant exceptions:
- There is only one character slot available per account.
The Siege Blessing
- Players on the Siege Perilous shard can bless one item of any kind at a time. Use the character context menu (left-click on your character,) select the option, then target the item to be blessed. The blessed item will remain with your character when you die, rather than remaining on your corpse, and cannot be stolen.
- Unlike a bless deed, Siege bless is not fixed, using the context menu and targeting a different item will transfer the bless to it.
- Items can not be insured on Siege Perilous shard.
- Clothing bless deeds can not be applied to items which have magical properties.
- Shopkeepers will not buy from player characters
- Shopkeepers do not sell resources (ingots, boards, leather, wool, arrows, bolts and feathers).
- What they do sell, they sell dearly, the cost of their wares/services is three times that of normal shards.
- NPC craftspeople will not train players in exchange for gold, all skills not chosen at character creation must be trained from 0 (zero)
- The spells ‘recall’ and ‘sacred journey’ do not work. Travel is on foot, on a mount or by gate spell
- The spell ‘telekinesis’ will not work on trapped or locked chests.
- The spells ‘mark’ and ‘gate travel’ will not work while in a dungeon.
- Direct damage spells will work in towns.
Skills, Tools and Equipment
- All tools, including fishing poles, herding crooks, scissors and axes used for lumberjacking have a number of ‘uses’ before they wear out and are destroyed. Caution: using your best swords or fencing weapon to carve meat or shear sheep will class it as a ‘tool’, it will then show a number of ‘uses’, when those uses expire the item will be destroyed.
- Those seeking to gain treasure from chests are advised that all chests in dungeons, in the wilderness, and in towns will be trapped. If you do not have ‘detect hidden’ and ‘remove trap’ skill ensure high HP and 70 fire resist on armor.
- When a tinker fails at making a trap, he will always take damage, usually fatal.
- Arms Lore gives a bonus to resists for exceptional armor creation on Siege Perilous of 1% for every 12.5 points of Arms Lore. The maximum bonus is 8% bonus resists at Grandmaster Arms Lore.
- When a weapon is exceptionally crafted, the damage increase modifier will increase by 1% per 12.5 points of Arms Lore. The maximum bonus is 8% at Grandmaster.
- Stealing – there are no skill or time requirements to join the Thieves Guild
- The detect hidden skill has no ‘passive’ mode
Houses on Siege Perilous and Mugen are separate to houses on shards which have a Trammel ruleset. Building a house on Siege Perilous or Mugen will not cause a house on another shard to fall.
Rate over Time system
On Siege Perilous and Mugen, the RoT (Rate over time) system applies for gaining skill points above 70. RoT resets once per day, at 8pm EST/1am GMT.
- Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
- Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points have a time limit of 5 minutes between points gained. (250 minutes min to gain 5.0 skill)
- Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 have a time limit of 8 minutes between points gained. (320 minutes min to gain 4.0 skill)
- Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 have a time limit of 12 minutes between points gained. (360 minutes min to gain 3.0 skill points)
- Skill points for skills between 100 and 120 have a time limit of 15 minutes between points gained. (750 minutes min to gain 5.0 skill points)
Monsters and Players
- Dark wisps: These creatures are found in woodlands throughout Felucca and are highly aggresive.
- Siege Perilous contains the Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur facets. All have the “felucca ruleset”.
- There is no volcano on Fire Island, entrance to Underworld is via a moongate situated on the top of Daemon Temple