Tracking is a Wilderness Skill used to track nearby creatures, other players and NPCs over longer distances than you can see on your screen, this includes players who are hidden.
Your ability to track another player is determined by your Tracking and Detect Hidden skills and your target’s Hiding and Stealth skills using the following formula:
% Chance of tracking = (Tracking + Detect Hidden + Random 1-20) / (Hiding + Stealth) * 50
Players with no Hiding or Stealth can always be tracked with 100% chance, however all human characters have Jack of all Trades of 20 hiding and stealth and elven characters have a racial resistance making them harder to track.
To use the skill:
- In classic client: click the blue gem on the skill list, or set an ingame macro use skill – tracking
- In enhanced client: open the skill list and drag the skill icon to a hotbar slot
- Select Animals, Monsters, NPCs or Players from the tracking gump.
- Select your tracking choice from the specific list
A small arrow will indicate the direction your quarry has gone. Should your target get too far ahead of you or, in the case of a player, recall away, the arrow will disappear and you will see a message stating that you lost your target.
Players in ‘Form’
- To track for players using the forms wraith form, horrific beast, lich form, vampiric embrace (necromancy) or the monster forms from the polymorph spell (magery) select the ‘monsters’ option of the menu.
- To track for players using Ninjitsu ‘animal form’ or the animal forms from the polymorph spell (magery) select the ‘animals’ option of the menu.
Ghosts cannot be tracked.