Frequently Asked Billing Questions:
Q. Can I transfer characters from one Account to another Account?
A. At this time, transferring characters between accounts is not a service that is provided. For now, that question is best forwarded to our Development team via the Feedback Form located here.
Q. What is the difference between an EA/Origin Account, a Master Account, and a Product Account?
A. An EA Account is the account is the account/email you registered with EA on their Origin Website. You would only use your EA/Origin Account to log into the Account Management at http://accounts.eamythic.com.
A Master Account, is an overall account name that is created to hold all of your Product accounts, and is used to link your accounts to your EA/Origin Account.
A Product Account is the term we use to reference your actual game account, this would be the account name that you use to log in to the game itself.
Q. I purchased a code from Origin and it didn’t work!
A. The first thing to be aware of, is that codes can be input in two different ways. On the Account Management page, and In-Game. (Some codes will require you to put them in both places).
Any codes you’ve purchased that affect your account outside of the game ( such as theme packs, or extra character slots ), will need to be input on the Account Management page at accounts.eamythic.com and then using the “Activate a Key” button.
Any code you’ve purchased that affects you In-Game ( Any code that actually grants you an item ), will need to be used In-Game using the “Help” menu, and then selecting “Promotional Code”.
If you are still experiencing issues with your code, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the code you were given, and the receipt you received from Origin and they will assist you as best they can.
Q. How do I reset my password(s)?
A. To reset your Account Management page password, you will need to visit the following link:
To reset your In-Game password, please follow these steps:
1) Log into the Account Management page at http://accounts.eamythic.com/ ( Using your EA Account EMAIL and EA Account password. )
2) Select the Account you wish to change the password for in the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner.
3) Scroll down on the page, until you locate the Account Name that you’re trying to change the password for.
4) Select the “Change Password” button, this will lead you to a page that will ask you to set a new password.
Q. How do I subscribe my account?
A. First you will need to log into your EA Account at http://accounts.eamythic.com/ using your EA Account email and EA Account password.
Once there, locate the account you wish to update using the drop down menu in the drop-down menu at the top right hand corner of the screen.
Once you have the correct account selected, scroll down until you see the Account Name you wish to subscribe and select the “Subscribe” button. ( This will take you to a new page, where you can choose the renewal package you wish to subscribe with. )
Q. How do I change my Credit Card information?
A. You can remove and update your billing information with the following steps!
1) Log into the Account Management page at http://accounts.eamythic.com/ with your EA Account email and EA Account password.
2) Locate the account you would like to update the Card information for.
3) Select the “Subscribe” button.
4) Select the billing renewal you would like to use.
5) When you get to the page asking for your payment method, instead of adding a new card, select the “Manage Accounts” option in the top right corner of the page. ( This will load a new page, with your current CC information. )
6) Find the Card you wish to update, and select the “Edit” button, you can change the expiration dates and CSV numbers here.
7) If you have a brand new card, and wish to remove your old information, you can use the “X” button instead of “Edit”. This will remove the current information, and you can add a new card using the “Add a Card” button.
Frequently Asked In-Game Questions:
Q. I am in the Enhanced Client and I’ve lost (a part of my UI), help!
A. You can reset your UI by using the following steps.
1) Open your main menu by hitting the ESC key
2) Select User Settings
3) Select the Options tab
4) Scroll down the bottom of the page, and click the Reset UI Locs button.
This will reset all your UI elements to the top left hand corner of your client, and you can then move them to whatever location you wish.
Q. I am stuck and I cannot move!
A. At the top of your screen, you will see a button labeled “Help”. When you select this, you will be given several options to obtain assistance. The second one you see, “My character is physically stuck”, will teleport you out of the area you are in, into a town.
Q. How do I report another player for a violation?
A. Violation reports should be submitted under either the VERBAL HARASSMENT or PHYSICAL HARASSMENT categories. When you use these categories, you are given several options to select a target.
1) “Target Involved Players” provides a target cursor which allows you to select the player or players involved by simply clicking on them.
2) “Type Names of Involved Players” will you to type in the character name(s), please make sure you are correctly spelling the name of player you wish to report. This will work even if the player is in another area, or has logged out.
3) “Select Names of Involved Players” allows you to pick a name from a list of the characters nearby.
4) “Type Player ID’s of Involved Players” will allow you to include the unique player ID number which displays next to their character name in chat channels.
This will work even if the player is in another area, or has logged out.
Q. Some of my resistances are bugged in the negatives!
A. Should you find your resistances to be incorrect, please first remove all of your characters equipment and make sure they have NO buffs applied.
If you still find that your resistances are displayed incorrectly, please contact a GM.
Q. I placed a new house, and now my old house is condemned! What do I do?
A. Unfortunately, when you placed a new home it will condemn any other homes that you own. At this time, you may only have ONE house on ANY SHARD. The only exception to this is that you may own a second home on Siege Perilous.
The only way to save your now condemned home, would be to trade it to another player whom does not own another house.
Q. An item has fallen under my house and I can’t retrieve it!
A. The first thing you will want to try, is to turn on your Circle of Transparency to see if you can actually locate the item under your house and reach it.
If you cannot reach the item, please contact a GM as quickly as possible, and they will attempt to recover the item for you.
You can turn on your Circle of Transparency in the Classic Client by going to your Paper Doll and selecting the “Options” button. Then select the UO Symbol on the right hand side ( The second one up from the bottom ) and then click the “Use circle of transparency” checkbox.
In the Enhanced Client you can hit the ESC button, and then “User Settings”. On the “Graphics” tab you will find the “Use Circle of Transparency” checkbox.
Q. I ordered a pack from the Origin Store but I didn’t receive my In-Game items!
A. In the case of any codes purchased from the Origin Store that are meant to give you an item to use In-Game ( and token, or deed, etc ) please make sure you have first used the Code by going to the “Help” menu, and then selecting the “Promotional Code” button.
Once used, this will place the items in your current characters backpack, or if there is no room, it will place the items in your characters bank.
( In the case of the Rustic Theme Packs distillery, please be aware that the Distillery is a CRAFTED item, it is not granted simply by using the code. It can be crafted with 90 Tinkering. )
If the code comes back as invalid please copy and paste the code in once again, then backspace to remove the last letter or number and put it back in. This removes the extra space that deems the code invalid.
Q. My Account Age is wrong!
A. Please be aware that an account will only age while it is actively subscribed. If you have recently reactivated an account, were a trial, or were participating in any of our “Return to Britannia” campaigns, you would not have received any additions to your age.
Q. I have followed my treasure map, only to find the treasure under a house! How do I get my treasure?
While it is unfortunate that such a thing has occurred, the treasure map itself does have a default reset. If you find you are unable to reach a treasure chest once you have located it, if you give the map 30 days, it will reset and you will be able to go out searching for a new, hopefully more accessible chest.
Q. Ive lost my ship! How do I find it again?
A. If you find yourself having lost your keys, or your runes to your ship, please contact a GM as quickly as possible so that they can attempt to locate your ship and bring you back to it. The longer you wait, the more of a chance your ship will decay.
Q. My stats will not gain!
A. The skill gain system can at times make you feel like your skills are not gaining at all. As the higher your skills are, the longer it will take for them to actually gain points. The best place to find more information on how the system itself work, would be in the following link.
Q: I purchased a code from Origin but it didn’t work!
A: The first thing to be aware of is that codes can be input in two different places; the Account Management page and in-game (via the Help menu). Codes that must be activated in-game are typically items (dyes, pets, tokens, soulstones etc).
Account management-only codes are account enhancers (storage, character slots, timecards, game expansions). Only the Rustic and Gothic theme packs must be entered both in-game and at the account center.
When you enter a code, particularly via copy/paste, make sure you backspace after copying it to remove any blank spaces as these will prevent the code from being accepted. If you continue to experience issues with applying your code, contact Billing support via email@example.com with the code in question AND the receipt of purchase from Origin so they may assist you further.
Q: My house teleporters don’t work!
A: Should you find that your alchemical symbols no longer transport you between floors, you may reset or change your house foundation in order to fix the issue.
Q: Why can’t I trade my house to another person?
A: If you are unable to trade a house (and both players are under the house sign and not young), the player receiving the house may not have the required account updates in order to own said house. This typically occurs when a house has full storage upgrades present and the recipient’s account has no storage upgrades applied. The recipient will need to upgrade their storage in order to receive the house. Storage upgrades are obtained via the following ways (to a maximum of 60%):
Mondain’s Legacy expansion (20%)
High Seas pack (20%)
7th Character slot and Storage (20%)
Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade (20%)
Q: Why can’t I add my house storage upgrade code to my account?
A: There are more than one storage upgrade options available via the Origin store, each of which offers a 20% increase. Once one of these codes are applied to an account, house storage cannot be increased using a similar code. The types are as follows, and only one can be applied to an account:
7th Character slot and Storage
Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade
Service, Conduct and Agreements:
Rules of Conduct
The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:
While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.
IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY BROADSWORD. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.
THE RULES ARE:
- You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.
- You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).
- You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.
- Characters, items, pets, and other user-created in-game content must abide by the Terms of Service, Rules of Conduct and the UO Naming Policy located here.
- You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.
- You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.
- You may not impersonate any Ultima Online Customer Support representative or other employee of Broadsword Online Games, past or present.
- With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.
- You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- You may not modify any part of the Ultima Online service, Ultima Online code, or Ultima Online web site that Broadsword Online Games does not specifically authorize you to modify.
- You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are using the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, or use the Ultima Online service or web site for any other illegal purpose. You will not post the web site address (URL) to any sites which contain sexual material, content which could harm or disrupt another user’s personal network and computer, or content which violates the Terms of Service.
- You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
- You may not use the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site for any activities other than those permitted within the game world.
- You may not post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information, including your own, within the Ultima Online service or through the Ultima Online web site. You will not share your account password or account details with anyone, and you will not hold Broadsword Online Games responsible for any damages that you may incur from doing so.
- You may not give false information to, or intentionally hide any information from Broadsword Online Games, such as e-mail address or billing information, which are required at the time you register with the Ultima Online service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the Account Management web site located at https://accounts.eamythic.com/.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Ultima Online. Failure to follow instructions from official Support Staff may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account.
- You will not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. For example, you will not upload or transmit through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Ultima Online service.
- You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/contact.
- You will not intentionally accept an item that has been “bugged” or otherwise manipulated outside of the designed game mechanics from anyone inside or outside the game world. The Ultima Online team has the right to confiscate any such illegal items, without reparation, even if a player had no prior knowledge of the item’s origin.
- You will not intentionally submit misinformation, or abuse the help petition system.
- You will not attempt to play Ultima Online on any service that is not controlled or authorized by Broadsword Online Games.
- You will not create, use, play on or provide any server emulator or other service where Ultima Online may be played. You will not post, use or distribute any utilities, applications, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online that do not have the express written permission of Broadsword Online Games to be used with the Service. Information about approved software can be found here.
- You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Broadsword Online Games in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED TO USE, OR HAS ACCESS TO USE YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER ID. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES, WHICH COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO WARNINGS, SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATIONS OF YOUR ACCOUNT BASED ON THE VIOLATION OR ACCOUNT HISTORY RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKING THESE RULES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY BROADSWORD FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED ACCESS TIME THAT YOU HAVE REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.
IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE ULTIMA ONLINE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY HAVE MADE.
YOU AGREE TO READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AT http://www.uo.com/agreement.html.
Disputing Disciplinary Actions
If you have any questions or concerns about any disciplinary action that is taken against you, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include any pertinent information. We will respond to your concerns as soon as possible, and discuss any concerns that you may have.
Terms of Service
The Ultima Online License
Ultima Online is an Internet-based online fantasy role-playing game service that allows you to play the “Ultima Online” computer game when you subscribe and pay a fee, or when you participate through an Internet Game Room (IGR) pursuant to the IGR’s rules. As part of the Ultima Online service, Electronic Arts maintains a site on the World Wide Web with a URL address of “www.uo.com” (the “Web Site”). Throughout the remainder of this Agreement, the Ultima Online service (including the Web Site) will be referred to as the “Service”, if you have purchased the Ultima Online game CD-ROM published by Electronic Arts Inc. it will be referred to as the “CD” and the software programs contained on the CD and provided to you through the Service will be referred to as the “Software”. Electronic Arts grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the CD, the Software and the Service subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and the additional terms set forth in the documentation of the CD.
This Agreement, and the terms and conditions set forth in the documentation for the CD, comprise the entire agreement between Electronic Arts and you, regarding the Service, the CD and the Software.
2a. Electronic Arts’ unilateral revision of this Agreement; Your responsibility to be aware of changes.
Electronic Arts may revise this Agreement at any time, and such revision shall be effective thirty (30) days after posting of the revised Agreement on the Web Site. You agree to review the Agreement on the Web Site periodically to become aware of such revisions. If any such revision is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your membership as provided in Section 9. Your continued use of the Service thirty (30) days after posting of a revised Agreement on the Web Site will mean that you accept all such revisions.
(a) Account, User ID. When you register for the Service, you will become a Member of the Service and an account will be created for you (your “Account”). The term “Member” in this Agreement refers to any person or entity, including you, that has registered for the Service, has entered into this Agreement with Electronic Arts and is authorized by Electronic Arts to use the Service. Upon your registration as a Member of the Service, you must choose a name to identify yourself to other Members and Service staff when you use the Service (your “User ID”). You may not select as your User ID the name of another person (unless it is also your name), or a name which violates any third party’s trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right, or which Electronic Arts deems in its discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive. Electronic Arts reserves the right to delete any vulgar or otherwise offensive User ID, or to require you to change your User ID name. You are entirely liable for all activities conducted through your Account and the User ID registered to your Account.
(b) Passwords. Upon your registration for the Service, you will select a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for any harm resulting from (1) disclosing your password; (2) allowing another person to disclose your password, and (3) use by any person of your password to gain access to your Account and User ID. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password. Electronic Arts employees will never ask for your password online. You acknowledge that although the Service may offer a feature that allows you to “remember” your password and thereby bypass the password protection, this feature makes it possible for third parties to access your Account and User ID. Use of this password bypass feature will be at your own risk. It is strongly discouraged. Likewise, please DO NOT use your User ID as your Password.
(c) Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by Electronic Arts may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason without the express written permission of Electronic Arts. Active Members may not knowingly allow former Members whose Accounts have been terminated to use the active Members’ Accounts or User IDs.
(d) Related Accounts. If an Account is terminated by Electronic Arts, Electronic Arts shall have the right to terminate any other Account that shares the Member name, phone number, email address, Internet Protocol address or credit card number with the terminated Account.
Charges for Service
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES THE CHARGES FOR THE SERVICE. IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO ULTIMA ONLINE THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY. IF YOU ARE PLAYING ULTIMA ONLINE THROUGH AN IGR, YOU MAY SKIP THIS SECTION 4.
(a) General Charges. Current fees for using the Service are published in the billing section of the Web Site. Electronic Arts may change its fees and billing methods at any time effective thirty (30) days after notice of the changes are posted on the Web Site. All changes will be posted on the Web Site and you are responsible for reviewing the billing section of the Web Site to obtain timely notice of such changes. If any such change is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your Membership as provided in Section 9. Your continued use of the Service thirty (30) days after posting of the changes on the Web Site will mean you accept such change. YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. For further information on billing see the Web Site. If your use of the Service is subject to use or sales tax then Electronic Arts may also charge you for any such taxes, which will be in addition to the rates and charges published in the billing section of the Web Site. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.
(b) Payment by Credit Card. If you pay for the Service by credit card, you represent to Electronic Arts that you are the authorized user of the credit card used to pay Service charges. Each month you use the Service, you agree and reaffirm that Electronic Arts is authorized to charge your credit card. You agree to promptly notify Electronic Arts of any changes to your credit card account number, its expiration date and/or your billing address, and you agree to promptly notify Electronic Arts if your credit card expires or is canceled for any reason.
Rights and Responsibilities
(a) Content. You acknowledge that: (i) the Software and the Service contain graphics, sound effects, music, animation-style video and text (collectively, “Content”), and (ii) Content may be provided under license by independent content providers, including text contributions from other Members. These independent content providers, including other Members, are referred to in this Agreement as “Content Providers”.
(b) Electronic Arts is not Liable for Failure to Remove Content. You, and any user of your Account or User ID, must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. Electronic Arts does not pre-screen Content as a matter of policy, but Electronic Arts has the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content at any time which it deems to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement.
(c) Rights. You acknowledge and agree that all characters created, and items acquired and developed as a result of game play are part of the Software and Service and are the sole property of Electronic Arts. You acknowledge that: (i) the Software and the Service permit access to Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights owned by Electronic Arts or Content Providers (collectively, “Rights”), and (ii) these Rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed, and (iii) except as is explicitly provided otherwise, your use of Content shall be governed by the copyright laws of the United States and other applicable laws. You agree that you may upload or otherwise transmit on or through the Service only Content that is not subject to any Rights, or Content in which any holder of Rights has given express authorization for distribution on the Service. By submitting Content to any area on the Service, you automatically grant (or you warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted) to Electronic Arts the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term including any renewal term of any Rights that may exist in such Content.
(d) Official Service. Ultima Online has been designed by Electronic Arts for play only on the Service. The Software is licensed to you for play on the Service only. Electronic Arts does not grant you a license to use the Software for any other purpose. You agree to play Ultima Online only on the Service and not through any other means. You further agree not to create or provide any other means through which Ultima Online may be played by others – for example, through server emulators. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, including any proprietary communications protocol used by the Software. You acknowledge that you do not have the right to create, publish, distribute, create derivative works from or use any software programs, utilities, applications, emulators or tools derived from or created for Ultima Online unless specifically authorized in writing by Electronic Arts.
(e) Conduct and Communication. You, and anyone you authorize to use your Account and User ID on the Service, agree to follow the Rules of Conduct published by Electronic Arts. The Rules of Conduct may be found on the Web Site. The Rules of Conduct may change at Electronic Arts discretion, at any time. Electronic Arts reserves the right to terminate your Membership if it determines in its sole discretion that you have engaged in any impermissible conduct whether or not such conduct violates the Rules of Conduct. You acknowledge, however, that Electronic Arts does not pre-screen Content or communication over the Service.
(f) Privacy. You understand that you have no expectation of privacy regarding the communications you make on the Service, and that all communications made by or received from you may be monitored by Electronic Arts representatives. You hereby consent to the extraction of hardware system profile data and any data related to operation of the Software through the Service from any computer that logs on to the Service using your Account.
(g) Parental Guidance. Ultima Online has been given a “TEEN” rating by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (found at www.esrb.com), which means that parents may find use by persons under the age of 13 is inappropriate. While Electronic Arts may choose to monitor and take action upon inappropriate gameplay, chat or links to the Service, it is possible that at any time there may be language or other material accessible on or through the Service that may be inappropriate for children or offensive to some users of any age. While Electronic Arts has established Rules of Conduct for players accessing the Service, Electronic Arts cannot ensure that other players will not provide Content or access to Content that parents or guardians may find inappropriate or that any user may find objectionable. Electronic Arts does not pre-screen the content of the materials or communications transmitted by each player.
Disclaimer of Warranty
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION LIMITS Electronic Arts’ RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU FOR THE SERVICE AND THE SOFTWARE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY TO YOU REGARDING THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE.
To the maximum extent allowed by law, Electronic Arts, its licensors and subcontractors do not warrant any connection to, transmission over, or results or use of, any network connection or facilities provided (or failed to be provided) through the Service. You are responsible for assessing your own computer and transmission network needs, and the results to be obtained therefrom. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. Electronic Arts, ITS PARENT COMPANY (ELECTRONIC ARTS INC.), SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (collectively, the “Electronic Arts Parties”) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, REGARDING THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET. THE Electronic Arts PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, ITEMS OR CHARACTERS FROM DELAYS, NONDELIVERIES, ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, MISDELIVERIES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS CAUSED BY THE Electronic Arts PARTIES, LICENSORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS, OR BY YOUR OR ANY OTHER MEMBER’S OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS. The Electronic Arts Parties makes no warranty with respect to any related software or hardware used or provided by Electronic Arts in connection with the Service except as expressly set forth in the documentation of the CD.
Limitation of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION LIMITS Electronic Arts’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT ASSUME OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION BY THE Electronic Arts PARTIES, OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, OTHER MEMBERS OR OTHER LICENSORS WITH RESPECT TO CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE. THE Electronic Arts PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICE. Electronic Arts PARTIES’ ENTIRE LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY, OR FOR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE CD AND THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO Electronic Arts FOR THE SERVICE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR COUNTRIES Electronic Arts’, ITS SUBSIDIARIES’ AND AFFILIATES’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Electronic Arts MAY HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE YOU CAUSE TO OTHERS BY USING OUR SERVICE IN VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
At Electronic Arts’ request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Electronic Arts Parties and their licensees, distributors, Content Providers and other Members of the Service, from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from any breach of this Agreement by you. The Electronic Arts Parties reserve the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you hereunder, and in such event, you shall have no further obligation to provide indemnification for such matter.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION EXPLAINS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED.
Either you or Electronic Arts may terminate your Account at any time without further obligation to the other. Further, Electronic Arts reserves the rights to terminate the Service at any time without further obligation to you. IF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED OR CANCELED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING: (1) YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OR PRORATION OF ANY FEES OR UNUSED ACCESS TIME; (2) YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY CHARACTERS DEVELOPED OR ITEMS ACCUMULATED AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER, SELL OR ASSIGN ANY CHARACTERS OR ITEMS TO ANYONE ELSE; (3) YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE SERVICE IN ANY MANNER OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING VIA ANY OTHER ACCOUNT. IN THE EVENT THAT AN ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED, Electronic Arts MAY TERMINATE ANY AND ALL OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT SHARE THE MEMBER NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS, INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER WITH THE TERMINATED ACCOUNT.
You may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer the rights or obligations granted to you in this Agreement, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement is void, except that you may transfer your Account to another person provided that person accepts the terms of this Service Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and such decision shall not affect the enforceability of: (i) such provision under other circumstances, or (ii) the remaining provisions hereof under all circumstances. Electronic Arts’ failure to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by Electronic Arts of any provision, condition or requirement of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of Electronic Arts shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of Electronic Arts.
Choice of Law
This section provides that the Law of California, USA applies to this Agreement.
This Agreement is governed by and construed under California law as such law applies to agreements between California residents entered into and to be performed entirely within California. All notices given by you or required under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to EA at 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, California 94065, or faxed to (650) 628-1360, Attn.: Ultima Online Account Administration, or emailed to email@example.com.
In order to set up your Account, you will be required to accept all of the above terms and conditions. If you do not accept this Agreement, follow the return instructions given to you online.