The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.
The Huntmaster can be found here
You will see examples of the creatures to hunt arrange around the guildhouse, here’s a list:
- Grizzly Bear
- Gray Wolf (or Grey Wolf)
Publish 91 in late 2015 added a further list:
- Myrmidex Lavae
This listing has been extended again, publish 95 late 2106
- Myrmidex Drone
The latest update, publish 98 late 2017 adds two more creatures to this list:
Further additions are included in publish 102, late 2018
- Sea Serpent
Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.
The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill, in most cases this measurement is the weight of the creature, but alligators are judged by their length and eagles by their wingspan
A skilled carpenter with a taxidermy kits can use your hunting permit to create a trophy for display; tiger trophies created from kills after publish 98 will match the color of the tiger killed. The permit is not consumed in this process.
Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition. Do this by dropping the permit on the huntmaster. If you are lucky you may see this message:
If a submission has the greatest measurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.
If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.
If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.
Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.
The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.
Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include (updated publish 102, late 2018):
- A Harvester’s Blade
- Used on corpses, returns all possible resources to the character’s back pack
- Grants a 10% bonus to all resources gathered
- Does not need to be equipped
- A Horn of Plenty
- 10 charges, list of possible rewards updated annually
- Recharges each year at thanksgiving
- Cooking Recipes
- Hamburger – bread, raw ribs, head of lettuce
- Hot Dog – bread, sausage
- Sausage – ham, dried herbs
- Miner’s Satchel
- 50% Weight Reduction, holds ore, ingots, granite, and saltpeter
- Lumberjack’s Satchel
- 50% Weight Reduction, holds logs and boards
- Harvester’s Axe
- When equipped magically transforms logs into boards as they are harvested, placing boards in the character’s backpack
- Can be recharged with a runed switch
- A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion
- A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”