We are pleased to announce the first iteration of Publish 97 will be coming to TC1 later this afternoon! Included in this first release of Publish 97 is the much-anticipated pet revamp. Make sure you patch up to the latest client before heading over to TC1. We had several core goals going in to the pet revamp with regard to pets including,
- Ensuring the Greater Dragon is still a viable pet for those that have and wish to continue to use them.
- Allow greater diversity of pets that are effective by looking at their survivablilty and allowing animal tamers to customize their pets to increase survivability and variation.
- Provide an in-game path to learn to use Animal Training with as much information as necessary to make Animal Training something everyone can have fun with.
In order to achieve these goals you can look forward to the following changes with pets,
- Pets can now be trained beyond their current control slot requirements up to new maximums.
- Train pets in endless combinations of special abilities, special moves, area effects and magic schools.
- Customize skill caps and attributes to create new pet variants.
- Read the full initial release notes here
This is only the first iteration of Publish 97 and at this stage we want to concentrate on testing the Animal Training process. This includes the in-game path for learning about this new feature, as well as your experience with training pets, the results of customizing pets, and how those customized pets are balanced with the rest of the world.
This is just the first release of Publish 97, in future releases you can look forward to brand new creatures and rare pet color spawns! Look for more details on these creatures in our next newsletter.
For now, head over to TC1 and check out Animal Training! As always we look forward to your feedback.! We will be live on TC1 tonight to answers any questions you may have about Animal Training.
See you in Britannia,