Beginning with each shard’s regular maintenance on September 16, 2020 we will be releasing an update to all shards which includes our new dynamic quest system as well as some miscellaneous changes and bug fixes,
- Account bound items can no longer be placed on vendors or auction safes
- Items that cannot be moved by players that are in IDOC loot will be deleted
- Resolved issue where ridden pets do not reflect the notoriety of their riders
- Transmogrification Potion
- The potion is no longer available on Siege Perilous
- Resolved issue with Hooded Shroud of Shadows that were altered by the potion
- We will be re-adding the potion to the Ultima Store once all shards have gone through maintenance after 12pm ET on September 16, 2020
- Quest System Updates
- Added support to add quest dynamically
- In the quest gump, items required for “obtain” and “delivery” quests will now be displayed graphically in the list of the required items.
The Black Gate
We are excited to announce, with this release, we will now have support for dynamic quest implementation! The first will be “The Black Gate”. We will be releasing more information on The Black Gate tomorrow once the quest has been setup. Our current release schedule for the Black Gate is,
September 16, 2020 – Origin
September 21, 2020 – Izumo, Legends, Baja, Chesapeake
September 22, 2020 – Atlantic, Great Lakes, Hokuto Formosa
September 23, 2020 – Catskills, Seige Perilous, Pacific, Yamato, Sonoma
September 24, 2020 – Sakura, Drachenfels, Lake Austin, Napa, Lake Superior
September 25, 2020 – Europa, Oceania, Mugen, Wakoku, Mizuho, Asuka, Arirang, Balhae
The quest will be available for the foreseeable future, so everyone will have plenty of time to participate in this and all the other exciting events we have planned for the fall and winter!
This release also includes a mandatory client patch, so make sure you patch your client before accessing any shard.
See you in Britannia,