First TC1 Release – 2/27/2018
Second TC1 Release – 3/14/2018
Please note that the latest client patch is not mandatory, so please be sure to patch your client before accessing TC or you will encounter CliLoc errors.
Issues resolved since Release 1
- Fixed issue where the word “Origin” could not be used in the Town Cryer
- Monks at the Chamber of Virtue will now provide an informative gump when double clicked to link with the Town Cryer article on the Virtues.
- Fixes issue with the Blackthorn Castle quest where clues could be erroneously discovered in bad locations.
- Maps received from the Treasure Hunting Town Cryer Quest will no longer get deleted when retrieved from a Davies’ Locker.
- Fixed issue where the protective effects of the potion received in the Covetous Quest would not function properly.
Endless Journey Resctrictions
Preliminary Endless Journey restrictions have been added to TC1. Use the gates at the Britain Commons to toggle EJ restrictions on and off. Restrictions must be reactivated each time a character logs in. All restrictions are in active development and subject to change.
|Access Requirements||Monthly Subscription||New accounts or 120 days after a veteran account becomes inactive. No subscription required.|
|Skill Cap||700 + 20 based on months active||700 + 20 based on months active|
|Veteran Rewards||Can claim rewards in game and gain new rewards||Cannot claim rewards in game or gain new rewards|
|Use Veteran Reward Items||Yes||Yes|
|Co-Owner or Traded/Friend||Yes||Cannot co-own or be traded a house. Can be friend to house only for wall safe security.|
|Access||Normal||Public Houses Only|
|Interact with Player Vendors||Yes||Yes|
|Drop logs/ingots (and other stackable items) on a locked down pile||Yes||No|
|Safe logout in houses||Yes||Inns & Taverns Only|
|Auction Safe Placement||Yes||No|
|Felucca Dungeons & Felucca T2A||Yes||Yes|
|Global Direct Messaging||Yes||Yes|
|Character Transfer Tokens||Yes, with purchase of token||Yes, with purchase of token|
|Character Creation||All||All shards except Siege Perilous & Mugen|
|Character Copy & TC1 Access||Yes||No|
Expansions, Boosters, and Theme Packs
|Up to Mondain’s Legacy||Yes, included||Yes, included|
|Stygian Abyss||Yes, included||Yes, included (not active yet)|
|High Seas||If purchased||If purchased|
|Gothic/Rustic||If purchased||If purchased|
|King’s Collection||If purchased||If purchased|
|Time of Legends||If purchased||If purchased|
|Guilds||Yes||Cannot create new guilds but can join existing ones|
|Resource Harvesting Restrictions||None||Yes
-No 2x Felucca Bonus
-Only basic ore & wood
-No sand or stone
|Vice vs Virtue||Yes||Can participate in VvV but do not gain occupation points in active towns|
|Do Repeatable Quests||Yes||Yes|
|Use the Bag of Sending & Chest of Sending||Yes||No|
|Use the Bracelet of Binding||Yes||Yes|
|Use Pet Summoning Balls||Yes||Yes|
|Do Community Collections||Yes||Yes|
|Use Commodity Deeds||Yes||No|
|Use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power, Stat, and Transcendence||Yes||Yes|
|Protect or be Protected by Another Player via the Justice
|Use the Justice Virtue||Yes||No|
|Gain Justice Points||Yes||No|
|Use Valor, Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Sacrifice,
and Spirituality Virtues
|Receive Scrolls from Champ Spawns||Yes||No|
|Use Power Scrolls||Yes||Yes|
|Receive Rewards, Monster Kill Points, or Virtue Points from
|Receive Mondain’s Legacy Resource Rewards||Yes||Yes|
|EM Event Items||Yes||No|
|Attack EM Event Creatures||All||None|
|Board Ships||All||All, High Seas ships if purchased|
|City Elections & Governorships||Yes||No|
|Treasures of Tokuno Style Events||Yes||Yes|
|Bulk Order Deeds||Yes||Yes, cannot bribe up|
|Use Pack Animals||Yes||Yes|
|Covetous Void Pool||Yes||Yes|
Town Crier Updates
- Existing NPC Towncriers have been removed and respawned at all banks, starting inn locations, and the Eodon moongate.
- Using the “news” speech command or double clicking a town crier NPC will now bring up the Town Cryer newspaper.
- Town crier NPCs are updated in real time with the latest information. Non-NPC town criers (Sherry the Mouse & Coral the Owl) are updated once on server up if those objects are locked down or secure.
Town Cryer News & Quests
- The “News” section of the Town Cryer offers a variety of quests designed to introduce players to new and existing content.
- Quests can be accepted via the “Quest” button in each Town Cryer article.
- Quests are non-repeatable.
- Where appropriate, news articles have a “Learn More” button that will open a webpage to pertinent wiki-entries on UO.com.
- Town Cryer quests are available for the following content areas,
- Animal Training updates
- The Wreck of the Ararat
- The Huntmaster’s Challenge
- Dungeon Shame
- Dungeon Wrong
- Castle Blackthorn Dungeon
- Treasure Hunting
- Dungeon Covetous
- Dungeon Despise
Town Cryer EM, City & Guild Events
- EM event information, City Governor posts, and Guild Events are available in their respective sections of the Town Cryer.
- Updates to the Town Cryer are done through a context menu accessed on NPC Town Criers.
- Only the updates options the user has permissions for are displayed.
- Governor Entries
- May be accessed by the Governor.
- Must have a headline, at least one paragraph entry, and an expiry between 1-14 days.
- May have up to 5 active articles at any time.
- Entries are cleaned up at the time of expiry.
- Guild Events
- Guilds with 20 or more members may have 1 active event notice in the Town Cryer guild section.
- Guild Leaders & Warlords have permission to input, update, and delete event notices.
- A total of 150 guild event notices may be active at any given time.
- Events are sorted by date and cleaned up when the event date has passed.
- Guild event notices require a headline, event month, event day, event time, event timezone, event meeting place, and event description.
- Events may be posted for the current month and the following month.
- Inappropriate entries into the Town Cryer will result in guilds losing permission to input further events.
The Britain Commons
- A new area has been added to Trammel Britain in the area southeast of the First Bank of Britain.
- This open space makes for the perfect meeting place and offers nearby access to essential city services such as a pub, stable master, and crafting stations.
Ultima Store Items
The following items will be available in the Ultima Store and are available for testing at the Britain Commons
- Virtue Shield
- This shield grants a bonus to virtue points gained while equipped! The shield provides 8% to all resists, penalty free spell channeling, and 10% defense chance increase. Can be used by Humans, Elves, and Gargoyles and dyed with metallic, plant, and specialty pigments.
- Deluxe Starter Pack
- This starter pack is a perfect way to jumpstart your journey in Britannia!
- This starter pack includes,
- A Runic Atlas (a high capacity runebook) that comes pre-loaded with recall runes to Britannia’s Vaults, Banks, and Points of Interest
- A Runic Hunter’s Atlas that allows recalling to a variety of hunting grounds friendly to the training adventurer, complete with location descriptions and tips
- A full complement of full spellbooks for all magic schools including Bushido, Chivalry, Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy, and Ninjitsu
- A Token of Skill Alacrity that allows you and your party members to experience an increased rate of skill gain for an entire week
- A Deluxe Journeyman’s Armor token that outfits the adventurer in a starter set of human/elf or gargish leather armor providing 70% in all resists, +15 Hit Points, +17 Mana, +17 Stamina, +30 Lower Mana Cost, +6 Hit Point Regeneration, +6 Mana Regeneration, +10 Stamina Regeneration, +5 Strength, +5 Dexterity, +5 Intelligence, and 100% Lower Reagent Cost
- A Community Collection Point Award token that can be redeemed at the Moonglow Zoo, Vesper Museum, or Britain Library for 500,000 points
- A Dungeon Point Award Point Token that can be redeemed for 100 Blackthorn Dungeon points, 1000 Dungeon Crystal Points of Despise, and 1000 Covetous Points
- A direct deposit of 1,000,000 gold into your currency account
- All items are account and shard bound.
- Existing city bulletin boards have been removed and new freestanding boards have been placed in each loyalty city. Only city citizens may interact with a city’s bulletin board.
- Invisibility & Teleport Items
- Special moves can no longer be toggled while these items are casting
- These items can no longer be used while casting spells
- Invisibility items now have a 2 second casting delay
- Teleportation items now have a 1 second casting delay
- Instanced Corpse Update
- Only 250 items will be re-consolidated back to a public corpse from all instances.
- All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults.
- Fixed issue where quest text would get truncated in quest gumps.
- Fixed issue where the New Haven Dark Knight quest could no longer be reached via rune.
- Updated login screen
- Cliloc changes
- Art changes
- Resolved issue where trading platinum & crimson drakes would result in classic client crashes.
- Known Issue: The client crashes while trying to access the game credits.
- Updated login screen
- Cliloc changes
- Art changes