Wiki > Ultima Online Wiki > Gameplay > NPC Commercial Transactions > Vaults
- Players can purchase an account bound vault token from the UO Store for 300 Sovereigns.
- A vault provides shared storage of 125 items across all characters for a specific account on a shard.
- Once purchased, the player must visit a vault manager located in select banks (Britain Commons, Bank of Delucia, New Haven Bank, Bank of Minoc, Bank of Moonglow, the Trinsic Royal Bank, Bank of Yew, Bank of Wind, and the Royal City Bank) within the world to rent a vault with the token. Only one vault can be rented at each vault manager location.
- The player will now have access to their vault for thirty days. The player must keep their vault token balance up to date or risk losing their items. Vaults can have a prepaid balance up to three tokens at a time.
- Failure to pay vault rent will result in a player’s vault going into default which sends the player an in-game message stating that “Rent is past due for your Vault and your items will be lost after 168 hours unless you claim your Vault from the Vault Manager.”
- During this period a player has several options:
- They can save their vault by paying the rent.
- Claim their vault with all their items if they have space in their backpacks.
- Do nothing which will result in the loss of their items.