Damage Increase falls into two types, both types have an overall cap of 300%, however they are calculated differently:
First, damage bonus, this comes from your stats, your skills and any items with the magic item property ‘damage increase’ and is additional to the base damage of the weapon wielded. The chivalry spell ‘divine fury’ also falls into this group.
Second, damage modifier, this comes from slayer properties, special moves, special abilities and cast spells and is a multiplier.
Tactics Damage Bonus% = Tactics ÷ 1.6 (Add 6.25% if Tactics >= 100)
Anatomy Damage Bonus% = (Anatomy ÷ 2) (Add 5% if Anatomy >= 100)
Lumberjack Damage Bonus% = Lumberjack ÷ 5 (Add 10% if Lumberjacking >= 100)
Strength Damage Bonus% = Strength * 0.3 (Add 5% if Strength >= 100)
Total Damage Bonus% = Tactics Bonus + Anatomy Bonus + Lumber Bonus + Strength Bonus + Damage Increase Items†
Final Damage = Base Damage + (Base Damage * Final Damage Bonus%)
† Damage Increase from items is capped at 100%.
- assume a weapon minimum base weapon damage = 15 (double axe)
- Assume all skills (excluding lumberjack) and strength at maximum
- Final minimum base weapon damage = 15 + 44 (rounded down) = 59
Lumberjack is excluded because few templates now use it
Other sources of damage to reach this cap are:
Super Slayer Weapons will do double damage to the monsters they are meant for.
Single Slayers will do triple damage, and therefore reach the 300% cap for this type of damage alone.
The Bushido ability Perfection
The Chivalry Spell, Consecrate Weapon
The Chivalry spell, Enemy of One
The bard mastery spell, Inspire,
The Mysticism spell Stone Form,
The melee skills shared mastery spell Warrior’s Gifts
The Quiver property “damage modifier” (archers only)
Weapon Special Moves
The final damage total is off set against the target’s resistance.
- assume weapon exampled above hits physical resist
- Assume weapon hits at minimum damage
- Assume weapon is a super slayer (x2 damage)
- Assume player has achieved perfection (+100% = 59)
- Assume target has 30% physical resist (100% – 30% = 70%)
- Weapon hits for 59 x 70%= 41.3 x 2 = 82.6 + 41.3 = 123.9 (rounded up) = 124
- (59*0.7)² + (59*0.7)